Baby Girl Buehler is 21 weeks today! Tammy had her doctor’s appointment yesterday and everything is perfect. The doctor reviewed the ultrasound and said everything is normal. Head size normal, 4 chambers in the heart are working fine, they saw the two kidneys, the brain appears to be forming well, etc.
According to the ultrasound, the delivery date is November 19th which is right in line with what we predicted of November 24th. Tammy has only gained 13 pounds so far which is really good. All of the hiking and added activity has attributed to normal weight gain. The doctor even encouraged her to continue the activity!
The only thing we were lagging behind on was getting ready for Baby Girl Buehler. Up until 2 weeks ago, we had absolutely nothing purchased, no baby necessities, no crib, not even a diaper. Just before the vacation, we were able to find lots of baby specials and purchase most of the baby items we needed.
So far, we have:
- A crib (no mattress) on sale at WalMart.com. The crib can be turned into a daybed, toddler bed, and a even a full size headboard. The crib is beautiful and has wainscoting detailing on the headboard. Similar cribs were found at babies r us for $350 and we paid $150 with free shipping.
- Crib bedding
- Mattress pad
- Bassinet for our master bedroom on sale, $41. Baby rocker and bassinet combo.
- ClothesÂ – all on sale at various stores
- Baby bottles, bibs, receiving blankets, pacifiers, etc.
- Diaper bag
- Baby monitor (required for our multi-floor house)
- Baby health care kit (on sale)
- Grooming kit (on sale)
- 1,000 wipes
- Huggies size 1-2 192 quantity, 3 boxes (so far) on sale at amazon.com – NEED MORE
There’s several things we still need. Our biggest struggle is finding a good stroller, car seat travel system combo that is safe, reliable, and fits in the car. We’ve found two but WOW do these travel systems cost a fortune, even on eBay.
Our favorite travel systems are:
- Chicco Cortina Keyfit 30 Travel System (Rated the best and safest)
- Graco Quattro Tour Hamilton Travel System (not on Amazon, saw at babies r us, $250)
Anyway, we put together a small list of things we still need on amazon.com. The diapers can be purchased cheaper than list price if you subscribe to their 30% off subscription offer and then cancel it after the diapers are shipped. We paid $72 for 3 huge boxes of size 1-2 diapers, 576 diapers, or $0.13 a diaper, an AWESOME deal.
Our Amazon baby registry link: